Go Newark. Live Green. Love Pink.

"He who knows his WHY in life can live through any HOW" - Victor Frankl

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Real in 2.0

As I sifted through the Q&A section on LinkedIn, I came across the question "What makes a social media profile genuine to you?" This question, a variant of what makes an effective social media platform, is asked of my by clients daily. So, I thought it best to share my answer as a Pink'd standard!

"A profile should give a rounded introduction to an individuals profession and routine. I think a profile is most "legitimate" when it is used on a constant basis, and when it gives details to a persons past, present and future-categorically of course.

Social tools like personal blogs, Twitter, and Digg profiles are great because they "track" our activities on a regular basis, so that you can see the "human" side, which enables you to engage in conversations based on focused questions and commonalities.

Turnoffs: "over-selling!" If you are commenting on a blog entry, or direct messaging a tweet, speak to me as if we met in the laundry detergent isle! These casual settings do not require flashing "35 years experience" through industry buzz words. Eeek!"
from the hand of...

LadyPink

No comments: